Saturday, January 31, 2015

Speak up

I had a dream about a week and a half ago where I felt like I was supposed to set some people free.  Their hands were tied with thick ropes, and I wanted to cut them loose, but I didn't have a knife.  So, I started yelling and beating my fist on the floor where they were tied.  I felt like if I said the right words and spoke them in gaith, that the people would be freed.

In discussing this with our home group on Tuesday evening, I feel like this dream was about what the Lord is calling me to. Clara said that she felt like the calling was related to missions.  On Wednesday night, Brandi and I discussed this dream and missional calling with Aaron and Torrey.  I feel the Lord stirring us for something.

This morning, I was impreseed with Prov 31:8-9, and I immediately thought of the dream and conversations.

Proverbs 31:8-9 NIV
Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute.   Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your faithfulness in speaking to us and leading us.  May I be faithful in listening and following in obedience.   Lord, I believe that you are calling us to something about speaking up for the voiceless and setting captives free, and I trust you to continue to reveal your desire according to your timing.  I love you, and I want to pursue you with joy. Holy Spirit, fill us more. I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment