Sunday, March 22, 2015

you can't stop growing

I made some malt-o-meal for Beau, Jude, and myself this morning, but Jude didn't want to eat it.  I told him that he needed to eat to grow.  He said that he didn't want to grow, so he didn't need to eat it.  I told him that God made our bodies so that they are programmed to grow.  If you don't get the food, exercise, and rest that your body needs to grow, then you will get sick.  

I think there is a good spiritual analogy here.  You can't coast in your relationship with Christ.  If you are not getting enough to eat, then you will be malnourished and sick.

Heavenly Father, please help me get the food, exercise, and rest that I need to grow in spiritual maturity.  Especially the rest.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment