Monday, April 6, 2015

competition

Competition always exposes my pride.  Yesterday, I realized that I am anxious and frustrated about the desal prize competition this week, and I am pretty sure that the cause of my worry is pride.

I realized that I need to be grateful for the opportunity to compete, and I need to be humble and ready to learn from others.  In stead of focusing on winning, which is what my prideful flesh wants, I need to focus on demonstrating the character of Jesus Christ and allowing the Holy Spirit to grow and reveal the fruit of the spirit in my life.

May the Lord be honored by my submission to Him and focus on Him, not on worldly accolades.

Heavenly Father, I love you.  You are kind and gracious.  Thank you for the opportunities that you have given me.  May I be faithful to accomplish your will, not mine.  In the words of Tozer, I want to want you; you have made me thirsty, make me more thirsty still.  Recently, I find myself to busy to be thirsty.  Please help me.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment