Thursday, April 2, 2015

Miracles versus conversations

Brandi and I have discussed how we think our faith would be so much stronger if we could see God work a miracle.  (I think Jesus validated the fact that observing miracles can increase your faith when He said that if the miracles that He had performed in Judea had been done in Tyre, they would have repented.)

But was thinking last night that perhaps having a conversation with God would be even more substantial for me than observing a miracle.  If I knew that I had two-way dialogue with God, I would have a better understanding of His personal character, which would change the quality of my belief from simply believing that He exists to believing that He is personable and good.  Of course, my conversation with God would not be direct evidence for anyone else's faith, but perhaps, indirectly, my confidence in knowing the Lord would dynamically affect the faith of others.

Heavenly Father, I want to know you.  I want to converse with you.  Lord, please speak to me, and help me listen.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment