Saturday, April 18, 2015

accolades

Another week flown by.

Last night, I was on a solo mission to Wal-Mart, and I was singing the hymn, Old Rugged Cross.  I think the Lord brought to awareness my fleshly desire to receive recognition and honor in this life, but my spirit wants to serve the Lord so that He will be pleased with me from an eternal perspective:

So I'll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it someday for a crown.


As I was walking through the parking lot back to my car, I told the Lord that I want to work for His Kingdom, and I want to change my focus from accolades here on earth to a crown in eternity.

Heavenly Father, deliver me from pride and worldly distractions.  Lord, may I serve you faithfully.  Thank you for your grace.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment