Sunday, August 30, 2015

helping the poor

Gal 1-2

Paul explained the validity of his apostleship, but he also explained that he confirmed his theology with the other apostles.  I think it is fascinating that after confirming their agreement on doctrine, their main concern was taking care of the poor:

2:10 All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I had been eager to do all along.

Unfortunately, most of the time, I don't think my doctrinal study leads me to compassion for the poor.  I hope that God grows in me a Christ-like concern for others, especially the poor.

Heavenly Father, please help me grow in my attention and compassion of others.  I want to lead a Christ-like, selfless life.  Lord Jesus, thank you for your example of caring for others, especially the poor.  Holy Spirit, please help me listen to you in how you are leading me to care for the poor.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment