Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Commissioning and empowering to be overcomers

Acts 13

I listened to a message from Bill Johnson about Acts 13, one of my favorite passages.

Saul, Barnabas, and others were ministering to the Lord.  Seems like they didn't have an agenda in that particular meeting, other than to wait on the Lord.  In that space, God commissioned Saul and Barnabas to go on a missionary journey.

On that Journey, Saul cast out evil spirits from a slave girl and an advisor to a governor.  Bill made the observation that God intends for us to be victorious, but He accomplishes that in us through opposition.  At the end of this chapter, Saul is called Paul.  Seems like a promotion.

Heavenly Father, please help me have a good attitude about perseverance.  May I continue to run the race.  You are the goal and prize; help me remember that.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment