Thursday, April 14, 2016

Anointing

1 Samuel 16:12-13 NIV
So he sent for him and had him brought in. He was glowing with health and had a fine appearance and handsome features. Then the LORD said, "Rise and anoint him; this is the one."  So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the LORD came powerfully upon David. Samuel then went to Ramah.

In the Old Testament, the priests and prophets were anointed, so when they anointed, I think they were sharing their anointing of the Spirit.  I was thinking about the New Testament disciples laying hands on people to give the anointing (baptism) of the Holy Spirit after Pentecost.  I think of it like a cascade of anointing.  I want to be in the middle of the cascade - receiving anointing and sharing anointing.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the presence and anointing of your Holy Spirit.  Thank you for working your powerful goodness in our lives.  I love you, and I want to listen and be obedient to your voice today.  I ask in the name of Jesus, the Christ, the Anointed One.

No comments:

Post a Comment