Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Jesus commands us to heal the sick

Heal the sick who are there and tell them, 'The kingdom of God has come near to you.'
Luke 10:9 NIV

When Jesus sent out the seventy two, preaching the Gospel was inextricably connected with healing the sick. This command was not limited to only the Twelve, nor to only those with a gift of healing. I grew up appreciating the urgent command to share the Gospel, but today, I feel the same compulsion to learn how to heal the sick, so that I can obey Christ.

Heavenly Father, thank you for including us in your work.  I know that you give us the resources and power to obey you in faith, so I trust that you will teach me how to heal.  Lord Jesus, I want to follow you.  Holy Spirit, guide me and empower me.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment