Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Priestly role

Ezekiel 44:15‭, ‬23 NIV
" 'But the Levitical priests, who are descendants of Zadok and who guarded my sanctuary when the Israelites went astray from me, are to come near to minister before me; they are to stand before me to offer sacrifices of fat and blood, declares the Sovereign LORD. ... They are to teach my people the difference between the holy and the common and show them how to distinguish between the unclean and the clean.

As a priest, I see two roles highlighted here: (1) drawing near to God and serving Him and (2) demonstrate the difference between holy and common.

First, we approach the Lord through the mercy and grace of Christ Jesus.  I believe that we have an opportunity to bless God as we approach Him with a joyful desire to love Him and enjoy Him.  I want to be more intentional about doing this.

Second, our lives should demonstrate a difference between holy and common.  We are set apart for Christ and his purposes; our lives should not be full of worldly stuff.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the blood of Christ that opens the door for relationship with you.  Lord, may I walk into your presence boldly with intention to know you and enjoy you.  Holy Spirit, you are making me more into the image of Christ; help me be a spiritual man, not a carnal man.  Lord, show your love and power in my life.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment