Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Pursuing and waiting on the LORD

Sunday evening, in our monthly Leadership Development Program meeting, we were discussing the concept of hosting the presence of God. 

Carlyn pointed out the importance of pause.  Often we notice what God is doing and/or hear Him speaking when we take pause.  Pausing is hard for us busy Americans, and I think I am beginning to realize that for me, an overcommitted person, pausing is actually the most important part of the effectiveness of spiritual journaling,  taking pause to notice Him and respond to Him.  I want to pursue God.  And that means I need to spend time not only reading the Word (logos), but waiting on Him for fresh spoken words (rhema).

Yesterday morning, I was thinking about what we had discussed about pursuing Him and seeking His manifest presence and anointing, and I was listening to praise music.  Several songs came on that were very encouraging:

Fall Afresh (Bethel)
Waiting Here for You (Jesus Culture)
Called Me Higher (All Sons and Daughters)
Be Still (Bethel)

The lyrics from the beginning of Called Me Higher were representative of my heart:

I could just sit
I could just sit and wait for all your goodness
Hope to feel your presence
And I could just stay
I could just stay right where I am and hope to feel you
Hope to feel something again

This morning, I echo the lyrics of the song Set A Fire:

Heavenly Father, "set a fire in my soul ... I want more of you, God".  Lord, please increase my desire for you.  Lord Jesus, I want to be your disciple.  Holy Spirit, please anoint me with your presence today, and grow the fruit of the spirit in me today. May I be faithful in taking pause to seek you. I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment