Monday, September 26, 2016

Seeking His face, rest

Katelyn is teaching me what it looks like to rest in the Father's presence.  When I hold her, she sets her chin on my shoulder and is content.  Sometimes I think she went to sleep, but her eyes are open, and she is content to be with me.  She doesn't have to do anything.  As Brandi pointed out yesterday, she doesn't even have to hold on because she is held.

I feel like I am a hyperactive little boy with the Father: always running around in circles trying to do stuff, asking Him to fix something, or asking questions and studying something.  I need to learn how to be still with Him.

I have read the Scriptures about seeking His face and heart, but I think it is more about being still with Him than running around exhausted trying to accomplish more for Him.  I think it is like Jesus withdrawing to pray and spend time being with His Father.  Christ's miraculous works of the Holy Spirit were in balance with significant time spent in quiet stillness with the Father.

Heavenly Father, thank you for giving me a picture of being still with you.  Help me grow in daily time spent with you in stilling my soul with you and being content in your presence.  I want to seek your face and know your heart.  I want to rest in your love.  Jesus, thank you for your example.  Holy Spirit, guide me into a deeper relationship with you, Jesus, and the Father.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment