Sunday, September 4, 2016

spiritual prophecy

Ez 37

God told Ezekiel to prophesy to the dry bones to assemble, and then He told him to prophesy for them to receive breath.  I don't think I have noticed before that the spiritual activity was prophesy.  When we prophesy something, we are speaking into effect the reality that God desires; we are agreeing with God to accomplish His will.  

This may be heresy, but maybe you could say that in the beginning, God prophesied the creation of the universe.  The first revelation of the character of God in the Bible is that He is the creator, and He created us in His image, as creators.  He has given us authority and creative agency, so as we listen to the Holy Spirit, He will tell us what we should prophesy about people for their healing, restoration, and empowerment.

Heavenly Father, I praise you for your creativity and power, and I thank you for giving us some of that creativity and power.  Thank you for involving us in your good works.  Jesus, thank you for sending us out as your apostles.  Holy Spirit, thank you for speaking to us, guiding us, and empowering us.  Lord, please help me be an active agent for advancing your Kingdom. I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment