Friday, September 2, 2016

To know you is to love you

After I finished writing my blog yesterday morning, I turned on Pandora to the Bethel channel, and I told the Lord, "Hit me with some good worship music." The first song that came on was Love Came Down by Kari Jobe, and the lyrics resonated perfectly with what I had just blogged:

If my heart is overwhelmed
And I cannot hear Your voice
I hold on to what is true
Though I cannot see
If the storms of life they come
And the road ahead gets steep
I will lift these hands in faith
I will believe
I'll remind myself
Of all that You've done
And the life I have
Because of Your son

Love came down and rescued me
Love came down and set me free
I am Yours
Lord I'm forever Yours
Mountains high or valley low
I sing out and remind my soul
I am Yours
I am forever Yours

I was standing by the TV, raising my hands in praise as I was singing to the Lord, amazed at how personally and quickly He had responded to me through the lyrics of that song.  Then I heard Jude say, "Good morning, daddy."  I suddenly felt caught!  Then Jude said, "I saw you praising God."  And I thought to myself, what a blessing for my son to "catch" me genuinely praising the Lord! 

Heavenly Father, thank you for answering me and speaking to me!  Lord Jesus, may my love and devotion to you be so dynamic, frequent, and transparent that my children will have that as the basis for normalcy in their life.  Holy Spirit, please give me more!  More experiences with you!  I want to love you more, and my love grows as I experience more of your goodness!  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Once, when I was about 13 years old, Mother was in the hospital, contemplating serious surgery that day. She asked God for some assurance that she would be okay. She was listening to an "easy listening" radio station. The song "Be Still My Soul" came on. She never heard a Christian song on that radio station after that. Just that one time - just for her.

    ReplyDelete