Thursday, September 1, 2016

Love and rescue

I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live. The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave came over me; I was overcome by distress and sorrow. Then I called on the name of the Lord: " Lord, save me!" The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion.
Psalm 116:1‭-‬5 NIV

I read this passage a couple of days ago, and it continues to resonate with me.  I was in the hospital less than a month ago with an aggressive and potentially fatal infection.  I think I am a relatively slow emotional processor, and i think it is just now setting in how clearly the Lord rescued me from death.  He has given me more days.  In the intensity of my pain, I did cry out to the Lord for mercy, and He did heal me. 

I feel like because He has not only rescued me from eternal death through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, but He has also rescued me from physical death and extended my days, He has doubly bought me for Himself, and I should be doubly devoted to Him.

Heavenly Father, I love you.  You have shown me so much mercy and grace.  Lord Jesus, I am yours.  Please live your life through me, and use me to advance your Kingdom of love and rescue.  Holy Spirit, please open my eyes and heart to see you and love you, and anoint and empower me to do your work of love and rescue.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment