Monday, October 16, 2017

Conclusions from Ephesians

Eph. 6:4 NLT  Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger by the way you treat them. Rather, bring them up with the discipline and instruction that comes from the Lord.

My role as a father is not to teach them about the Lord, my role is to tell my children what the Lord is speaking to them.  I am a relay of His instruction.  I need to pay more attention to what the Lord is speaking to me for my children.  And I need to treat them with gentleness and kindness so that they know how the Heavenly Father treats them.


Eph. 6:18 NIV  And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people.

I want to pray in the Spirit.  I want live in constant conversation with the Holy Spirit, Jesus, and the Father.


Eph. 6:24 NIV  Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love.

The Greek word that is translated here as "undying" is "ἀφθαρσίᾳ", which is also translated as "incorruptible".  Based on the Strongs definitions that I read, the word is not referring to lack of contamination, but more about immortality, perpetuity, and lack of decay.  This is interesting to me because, just yesterday, a guest speaker in our Paseo gathering reminded us of Jesus's words to the church in Ephesus in the book of Revelation:

Rev. 2:3-4 NIV You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary. Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first.

I want to persist in loving the Lord with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength, and I want to grow in that love every day.  I want to grow every day in my awe of His amazing love towards us.

Father, I want to be a father like you.  Teach me.  Help me watch you and emulate you.  Holy Spirit, show me how to pray in the Spirit.  I want to be consciously aware of your presence and speaking the entire day.  Lord Jesus, I want to continue growing in loving you.  Tune my heart and mind to love you more.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment