Monday, October 23, 2017

Personal assistant

I read an article about the decline of the fraction of the population in the US that self-identities as Protestant or Catholic.  I think the decline is because many churches meet to talk about God or the book that He wrote but do little to shepherd people in their relationship with Him.

What if I could operate as God's personal assistant?  What if I could ask people who don't believe in God if they would allow me to schedule an appointment for them to meet Him?  How about tomorrow at 1:00pm?  Better yet, how about right now?  

What if I was so in-tune with the Lord that I could hear what He was saying to them and could help them connect?  What if I heard the Lord tell me to heal their shoulder or their back?  What if I heard God tell them how much He loves them, and I got to deliver the message?

Father, please train me to be a better personal assistant.  I want to join you in your work.  Jesus, thank you for your example.  Holy Spirit, help me view every meeting I have today from your perspective.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment