Monday, October 30, 2017

Good deeds and Father's work

No widow may be put on the list of widows unless she is over sixty, has been faithful to her husband, and is well known for her good deeds, such as bringing up children, showing hospitality, washing the feet of the Lord's people, helping those in trouble and devoting herself to all kinds of good deeds.
1 Timothy 5:9‭-‬10 NIV

My grandma was not a widow, but she lived these verses.  I am reminded of her going to the nursing home and painting ladies' fingernails and toenails.  Servant heart.

Saturday evening, Beau and I were working on strengthening the batting cage that Beau got for his birthday.  It was a little cold outside, and Beau asked a couple of times if we could go inside and warm up.  He went inside and put on shoes and came back out with a flashlight to help.  He helped enthusiastically until we finished.  I was thinking about how the Father is at work, and we can join Him in his work.  We can choose to be excited about working with Him.

Father, I want to join you in your work.  You are present and active; how could I not be moved by you.  Jesus, thank you for your example.  Holy Spirit, I want to keep in step with you today.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment