Thursday, October 5, 2017

Observations from Paul's commissioning

'Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of me.  I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.'
Acts 26:16‭-‬18 NIV

I believe these are universally applicable to all sons and daughters of God:
- sent into the world
- sent to open eyes
- sent to turn people from darkness to light
- sent to turn people from the power of Satan to the power of God
- sent to help people receive forgiveness of sins
- sent to establish people as sanctified sons and daughters of God.

Father, thank you for commissioning Jesus as the first Son of God to give us a perfect example of your character and will.  Jesus, thank you for sending Paul and for the heritage of the great cloud of witnesses that we have in faith.  Jesus, thank you for sending the Holy Spirit with us.  Holy Spirit, thank you for your presence and power.  I want to run with you today.  Lead me; I will follow.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus, the Son Who was sent and who sends.

No comments:

Post a Comment