Tuesday, October 17, 2017

joyfully giving thanks

Col 1:9 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, 10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience,12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.

I want people to see the kingdom of light through my life.  I want to live a life worthy of the Lord and please Him in every way.  I want to bear fruit.  I want to have a constant lifestyle of joyfully giving thanks to the Father so that other people will see it.

Father, please increase your joy flowing through me.  Holy Spirit, pour your oil of gladness through me so that other people will be smeared with joy.  I don't want cheap happiness, I want deep abiding joy that overflows to the people around me, especially my wife and children.  Lord Jesus, you are my fountain of life.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment