Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Iron sharpening: synergy

Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my co-workers in Christ Jesus. They risked their lives for me. Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them.  Greet also the church that meets at their house. ...
Romans 16:3‭-‬5 NIV

The Greek word for "co-workers" is συνεργούς (synergous), which is where we get our English word "synergy".  The effect of us working together is greater than the sum of the indivudual parts.

Look at what a profound effect this synergy had on Paul: not just some, but ALL of the Gentile churches have been impacted by the love and discipleship of Priscilla and Aquila.  One of the greatest tools of the Holy Spirit in our sanctification is a few disciples of Jesus who spur us on towards love and good deeds.

And note that another fundamental rhythm is through home groups.  Meeting regularly in the home as a group of Christ followers is essential to growing the Kingdom.

I need to reinforce my commitment to meet weekly with a few Brothers who lead me deeper.

Father, thank you for providing Brothers and Sisters to lead me on.  I humbly admit that I need them to grow up into the full measure of the stature of Christ.  Holy Spirit, guide me into the weekly rhythms that you want for me.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment