Friday, September 20, 2019

Increase from the Father

Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
2 Corinthians 9:10‭-‬11 NIV

I was impressed with the verbs "increase", "enlarge", and "enrich".  Our Father is abundant towards us because His heart overflows towards us.  And He is delighted when we live a lifestyle of overflow, like Him.

I was sharing this with Brandi last night, and she reminded me that it is like Jesus's parable of the talents.  Exactly.  If I invest His resources in enterprises that profit the Kingdom of God, then He will supply more resources.

Father, thank you for your heart of favor towards us.  Thank you for the opportunity to cascade your blessings and favor into others. Jesus, thank you for your example. Holy Spirit, thank you for your presence.  I want to be a superconductor.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment