Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Invitation to come and dine, come and live

Proverbs 9:1‭-‬6 ESV
Wisdom has built her house; she has hewn her seven pillars. She has slaughtered her beasts; she has mixed her wine; she has also set her table. She has sent out her young women to call from the highest places in the town, "Whoever is simple, let him turn in here!" To him who lacks sense she says, "Come, eat of my bread and drink of the wine I have mixed. Leave your simple ways, and live, and walk in the way of insight."

What a beautiful picture of the Gospel!  Jesus was slaughtered so that we could share a meal - a very special meal of bread and wine - in fact, though it is simple, the most special meal of all: His own body and blood.  I am not required to clean myself up or figure out all of the mysteries; I only need to leave my foolish ways behind and, from now on, walk with Jesus in life.

Father, thank you for making a way of righteousness, and thank you for making it simple and available to all.  Jesus, thank you for your body and blood, which are life to us.  Holy Spirit, please help me stay with you on the path of life.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment