Sunday, March 8, 2020

Not everything that happens is God's will

One of the most important lessons that we can learn from Job is that not everything that happens is God's will.  And this, we should be careful not to blame God for everything that happens.

"He is not a mere mortal like me that I might answer him, that we might confront each other in court.  If only there were someone to mediate between us, someone to bring us together,  someone to remove God's rod from me, so that his terror would frighten me no more.  Then I would speak up without fear of him, but as it now stands with me, I cannot.
Job 9:32‭-‬35 NIV

Indeed, we do have a mediator, and He has COMPLETELY satisfied the judgement of God.  There is no judgement remaining.  Jesus drank the whole cup to the dregs.

Father, thank you for being a good father.  Jesus, thank you for removing the judgement rod from me.  Holy Spirit, help me see the circumstances of my life from your perspective.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment