Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Godly mothers are so important

I am reading through 2 Chronicles, and Holy Spirit showed me how the devotion of the mother directly affects the life of the king and the blessing of the nation of Judah.  Generally, the good kings who led the nation to follow Yahweh were raised by faithful mothers from Judah, and most of bad kings who led the nation away from Yahweh were raised by mothers from other nations that did not worship Yahweh.

I think that is why it was so special that God chose Mary to be the mother of Jesus.  He wanted someone who would faithfully raise Jesus in the faith.

I am so thankful for Brandi and how she helps me and our children continue to grow in Christ.

Father, thank you so much for blessing me with a life of partnership in the faith with Brandi! Please bless each of my children with a spouse who loves you, is mature in the faith, and is actively growing closer to you their whole life so that my grandchildren and my grandchildren's grandchildren will do the same (if Jesus doesn't return by then).  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment