Sunday, December 27, 2020

Purity is important for spiritual leaders

Purity is not a prerequisite for salvation; otherwise, none of us would be saved.  However, purity is essential for promotion in spiritual leadership.

Zechariah 3:6‭-‬7 NIV
The angel of the Lord gave this charge to Joshua: "This is what the Lord Almighty says: 'If you will walk in obedience to me and keep my requirements, then you will govern my house and have charge of my courts, and I will give you a place among these standing here.

Holiness is not to be confused with purity; holiness is proximity to God.  Jesus made a way for each of us to humbly approach God, without needing to clean ourselves up beforehand. He will direct the purification process after we connect with Him.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your mercy.  Thank you for not requiring me to clean up before I enter your presence.  Thank you for your patient love to continue purifying me.  Father, I want to be an effective spiritual leader.  Holy Spirit, thank you for your firm and gentle guidance. I will follow you. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment