Monday, December 14, 2009

joy and peace

John 7, Revelation 18

Yesterday, a guest preacher shared from Luke 2.  He briefly reviewed many of the miracles surrounding the birth of Christ.  But what I really appreciated was his focus on what the angels spoke to the shepherds and the application of how the miracle of Christmas changes our lives:
- removing fear
- bringing joy
- bringing peace

If we would simply live in the power of the Spirit - without fear, with great joy, and with His peace - we would not only experience the abundant life that Christ promises, but we wouldn't have a problem explaining the Gospel as a relationship with God by faith in Jesus (as opposed to a system of rules to follow).

Jn 7:37 On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, "Anyone who is thirsty may come to me! 38 Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, 'Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.'"

Heavenly Father, please help me walk in the Victory of Christ Jesus.  Lord, please show me practically how I can live without fear.  I pray that the joy of my salvation will bubble up and overflow rivers of living water.  Lord, thank you for peace with you through Christ, and may I demonstrate your peace with those around me.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment