Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Light of the world

John 8, Revelation 19

As we think about Christmas time, I am sickened more every year by the materialism and secularization of Christmas.  A lot of us run around stressed and aggravated trying to spend money that we don't have to buy a bunch of stuff that people really don't need.  What if we focused on Jesus more and Santa less?  What if we spent a fraction of our Christmas budget on orphans and widows?  What if we genuinely showed the love, light, and life of Jesus Christ?
 Jn 8:12 Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."
Heavenly Father, thank you for loving us and sending your only Son to ransom us from sin and death!  Lord, I pray that you will receive honor and praise, and that Jesus would be exalted in our hearts and in public during Christmas.  Lord, please shine the light of your Son through me.  Please forgive me for being fearful and anxious.  Please fill me with your joy and peace so that others can see the truth of Jesus Christ lived out in practical, tangible ways in my life.  I love you, Lord.  Please give me the right attitude and focus during Christmas.  Please use me to advance your Kingdom.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, the Light of the world.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment