Tuesday, December 1, 2009

materialism

Luke 18, Revelation 5

I never noticed before that the rich man that inquired of Jesus about eternal life was a religious leader.  I thought that in the Old Testament, God said that He was the inheritance of the priests and Levites.  So, how did he get rich?  Maybe it is irrelevant, but I think it applies to a lot of Americans.  I am very frustrated with the materialism that plagues me and so many other people in this country.  But this morning, I realize that there is hope.  It is impossible for us to get past our materialism, but God can break through!

Heavenly Father, please deliver us from the materialism that blinds us from seeing you and your Kingdom clearly.  Lord, please be gracious to us and bring salvation in spite of our worldly desires.  Lord Jesus, we praise you for being worthy to open the scroll and break the seals.  May my prayers be pleasing incense to you.  May you receive glory and honor and power.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment