Thursday, December 3, 2009

motherhood

Luke 20, Revelation 7

My wife is awesome!  She is so devoted and faithful.  Her loyalty is incredible.  She sacrificially loves people, especially her family.  I am amazed at how diligently she works at mothering Beau.  Even though deprived of sleep, she still gladly takes care of Beau.  She feeds him, holds him, and changes his diapers - all with a grateful attitude toward God for blessing us with a son.  She pours her love into Beau.  She is a perfect example of what the Lord meant when He said, "Love your neighbor as yourself."

As I consider how much energy Brandi invests in Beau, I am reminded of the spiritual analogy of the Church taking care of "infant" Believers.  I am saddened by how little "mothering" I have seen in new Believers in the congregations that I have been a part of.  I think the "infant" stage of discipleship requires an enormous investment of time and energy in feeding them the Word and helping them stay clean.

Heavenly Father, thank you for my sweet wife.  I am amazed at how devoted she is to you, me, and Beau.  May you receive honor and glory and praise from her lifestyle.  Lord, please give us a vision of how the Church should care for new Believers.  Help us change our paradigm to see the importance of discipleship, especially in the "infant" stage.  And please help our congregation grow in discipleship.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, for the advancement of your Kingdom and the strengthening of His Body.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment