Thursday, August 18, 2011

character

Romans 12:9-21

As I read these verses, especially after the previous eight, it seems to me that it is more about having the character of Christ and practicing a way of life as opposed to a list of things that you need to do:

9 Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. 10 Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. 11 Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. 12 Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. ... 14 Bless those who persecute you. Don't curse them; pray that God will bless them. 15 Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep. 16 Live in harmony with each other. ... 17Never pay back evil with more evil. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable. 18 Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.

Heavenly Father, I want to know you and be like you so that these things are second-nature to me.  Lord, I want to be in harmony with your Holy Spirit so that I will know exactly what to do in each circumstance.  Lord, please help me set my mind on the Spirit today, and anoint me to do your work.  I want to spend today with you.  Please help me keep my focus on you, and forgive me for being so easily distracted.  I love you, Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment