Tuesday, August 2, 2011

faith

Romans 4:13-25

16 So the promise is received by faith. It is given as a free gift. And we are all certain to receive it, whether or not we live according to the law of Moses, if we have faith like Abraham's. For Abraham is the father of all who believe.

What is faith?

17 That is what the Scriptures mean when God told him, "I have made you the father of many nations." This happened because Abraham believed in the God who brings the dead back to life and who creates new things out of nothing. ... 20 Abraham never wavered in believing God's promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. 21 He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises. ... 24 assuring us that God will also count us as righteous if we believe in him, the one who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. 25 He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised to life to make us right with God.

Heavenly Father, thank you for giving me faith.  Lord, please help me grow in my faith like Abraham, and please teach me to count on your promises.  Lord, please use me to help grow the faith of others.   Lord, you are the God who brings the dead back to life and who creates new things out of nothing.  I can trust in you, and you will never let me down.  I love you, Lord, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment