Thursday, August 11, 2011

humanity and divinity

Romans 9:1-16

I just mentioned in our home group discussion last night the importance of the humanity and divinity of Jesus.

5 Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are their ancestors, and Christ himself was an Israelite as far as his human nature is concerned. And he is God, the one who rules over everything and is worthy of eternal praise! Amen.

Verse 16 is humbling, sobering, and reassuring, all at the same time:

 16 So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your mercy and grace through Jesus Christ.  Lord Jesus, thank you for becoming a human so that we could be saved.  Lord God, thank you for showing me mercy through the person and work of Jesus.  Thank you for giving me faith to believe in Him.  Lord, I want to be investing in your Kingdom every day.  Please help me set my mind on the Spirit today and walk with you so that you can use me and dispense yourself into others.  Lord, may the words of my mouth and the attitude of my heart be pleasing in your sight. You are my Lord, my God, and my Savior.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment