Wednesday, August 17, 2011

worship

Romans 12:1-8

 1 And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. 2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Funny, it doesn't say anything about the way you should feel. 

I feel pretty dry, spiritually, these days.  I feel like I have allowed the anxiety of my work to crowd out the joy of my salvation.  I feel religious. 

But I want to feel alive.  I want to feel the pulse of Christ's spiritual heartbeat in the Church.

Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function, 5 so it is with Christ's body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other.

Heavenly Father, I want to give you my body as a living and holy sacrifice, in honor of the Ultimate Sacrifice.  I want to worship you in spirit and in truth.  I want to turn away from the ways of this world and let you transform the way I think.  I want to know your will, and I want to show that it is good, pleasing, and perfect.  I love you, Lord.  Please help me meditate on you all day.  I want to know you, and I want to walk with you.  I want to be integrated into your body.  I love you, and I need you, Lord.  I am nothing apart from you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment