Thursday, September 1, 2011

holiness

1 Corinthians 6

11 Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. ... 19 Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, 20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.

Holiness is so important, but we can't make it a prize above Christ.  We have to let Christ make us holy; we can't do it ourselves.

Heavenly Father, thank you for making me holy through Christ.  Lord, please continue to cleanse me and transform me by renewing my mind and purifying my heart.  I love you, and I want to walk with you. Please help me.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment