Friday, September 9, 2011

works, character, and purpose

1 Corinthians 14

I think these last three chapters are related:
  • 1 Cor. 12 - works: spiritual gifts and what we do with them
  • 1 Cor. 13 - character: who we are; people of faith, hope, and love (especially love because God is love)
  • 1 Cor. 14 - purpose: how we work, with peace and order so that we build up the Body of Christ
Heavenly Father, please help me use the spiritual gifts that you have given me to express your love in tangible ways so that the Body of Christ will be strengthened and expanded locally and globally.  I love you, and I want to be used for your purpose.  I want to enjoy you and walk with you.  Please help me focus the attitude of my heart on loving and enjoying you instead of focusing on responsibilities and expectations.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment