Monday, March 19, 2012

death and taxes

Mark 12:1-27

17 "Well, then," Jesus said, "give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God."

I am thankful that my parents taught me from an early age the principles of tithing/giving and paying taxes.  I am so blessed to have been trained to think about financial stewardship.  I am thankful that my parents set an example for me of being honest in paying taxes.

26 "But now, as to whether the dead will be raised—haven't you ever read about this in the writings of Moses, in the story of the burning bush? Long after Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob had died, God said to Moses, 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.' 27 So he is the God of the living, not the dead. You have made a serious error."

Heavenly Father, thank you for blessing me with godly parents who love you and taught me basic principles of financial stewardship.  Please help me honor you with the financial resources that you have placed in my management.  Thank you for providing money to take care of my family.  I love you, Lord.  I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment