Monday, March 26, 2012

Ropes Disciple Now 2012

Mark 15:21-47

Brandi and I drove to Lubbock on Friday evening.  Saturday and Sunday, we had a great time with youth from Jeremy's and Dusty's churches.  Jeremy had invited us to prepare and teach on the subjects of "What does it mean to be a godly man/woman?".  I learned so much as I studied and prepared for this weekend.  The basic principle that Brandi communicated was that "Godly women S.H.I.N.E.", and I tried to communicate that "Godly men are spiritual warriors".  I humbly believe that the Lord used us to minister to these students.

It was also a refreshing time for me, personally, because I didn't think about work for 48 hours.  This was helpful to cut the accumulating stress at work.  I feel a lot more focused this morning than I have in the past several weeks.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the opportunity to be used by you to invest in the lives of others.  Lord, thank you for the opportunity to focus on you and your Kingdom.  Please use the words and Scriptures shared this weekend to continue to encourage and challenge these students to grow into godly men and women.  Please help them be bold in living and sharing their faith.  And thank you for a refreshing weekend with Brandi; thank you for blessing me with a godly wife.  I love you, Lord.  Thank you for loving me.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

  1. awesome! There is nothing like a refreshing than serving others. Thank God for Godly men like you, who live what they teach. Love ya bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bro. I appreciate your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete