Wednesday, March 7, 2012

spiritual authority

Mark 6:1-29

7 And [Jesus] called his twelve disciples together and began sending them out two by two, giving them authority to cast out evil spirits. 8 He told them to take nothing for their journey except a walking stick—no food, no traveler's bag, no money. 9 He allowed them to wear sandals but not to take a change of clothes. ... 12 So the disciples went out, telling everyone they met to repent of their sins and turn to God. 13 And they cast out many demons and healed many sick people, anointing them with olive oil.

Jesus sent the disciples, and they became apostles.  Pretty simple instructions.  Simple means.  Focused on the spiritual reality.

Heavenly Father, please help me stay focused on the spiritual reality.  Please don't let me be distracted by the things of this world.  Lord, I want to love you with all of my heart, mind, soul, and strength.  Please use me to help people know you.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment