Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Conclusions

Mark 16:9-20

It is impressive to me that the four Gospel accounts conclude in much the same way, and especially an emphasis on global evangelism/discipleship.

And then he told them, "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.  Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned.  ... When the Lord Jesus had finished talking with them, he was taken up into heaven and sat down in the place of honor at God's right hand.  And the disciples went everywhere and preached, and the Lord worked through them, confirming what they said by many miraculous signs. (Mark 16:15-16, 19-20 NLT)

Not that we should limit our study and application to the conclusion, but it seems to me that the concluding thoughts and imperatives of the four Gospel accounts should weigh heavily on our minds and hearts.

Heavenly Father, please help me see the big picture movement of the Kingdom of Christ, and please help me see how you want me to participate and cooperate in preaching the Good News around the world. I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

--
W. Shane Walker, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering
The University of Texas at El Paso
500 W. University Ave.
Civil Engineering A-246
El Paso, TX 79968
(915) 747-8729
wswalker2@utep.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment