Monday, July 7, 2014

Grace

The Lord brought us safely and efficiently to Ecuador today.  I am very grateful.  I miss these folks.  Dear Brothers and Sisters.

On our trip, we are reading the book, The Ragamuffin Gospel.  I am impressed with how much I try to earn God's favor by being religious.   God says, "You can't earn my love by being good." And He says, "You can't lose my love by being bad."  He loves us as His dear children!  And we can take refuge in His love... the way Jude is comforted when we hold him,  or the way that Rhett is calmed and nourished when Brandi nurses him.  We can't earn His love, nor can we lose it.  We need to embrace the grace of His love.  His grace will dissolve away self-righteousness and self-condemnation.  Let us rest in His grace; rest from a  break-neck works pace, and rest from self-flogging. 

Matt. 18:2-4.  The child doesn't have to struggle to get himself in a good position for having a relationship with God.  No pretense, no merits, just grace. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for the beauty of your grace.  Please forgive me for working so hard to try to earn it.  Please forgive me for condemning myself.  Help me push through the awkwardness of allowing the reality of your grace to dissolve my self-righteousness and self-condemnation. Lord Jesus, thank you for bearing the condemnation of sin, and thank you for giving me your righteousness.  Please help me rest in your love. Holy Spirit, please help me lead others into that rest. I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment