Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Slacker

Well, here it is, Wednesday already, and while I have had good intentions to blog, I have not disciplined myself to do it.  Slacker. 

I preached on Sunday about God's refining fire (Mal 3).  Perhaps the Lord is allowing me to be tested with being busy.  Or maybe I shouldn't be so busy.  Maybe I should be more of a slacker.

Heavenly Father, I am confused about what I am supposed to be doing. (Or at least, how much.)  It seems like there are many things that I could do, but what should I be doing?  More and more, I realize what little time I actually spend with my wife and sons; and yet, I have the greatest opportunity to lead them to Christ.  What is my motivation for being so busy?  I think I really percieve my intrinsic value in proportion to my work productivity; please help me find my value in Christ's purchase on the cross.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment