Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Holy Spirit activities

Acts 9:31 AMP

So the church throughout the whole of Judea and Galilee and Samaria had peace and was edified [growing in wisdom, virtue, and piety] and walking in the respect and reverential fear of the Lord and in the consolation and exhortation of the Holy Spirit, continued to increase and was multiplied.

I think there is more to this Holy Spirit person than I was led to believe growing up.  One of the arguments that I heard was that the Holy Spirit did some peculiar things that were exclusive to the book of Acts (e.g., baptism of the Spirit, speaking in tongues, miraculous healing, raising people from the dead, etc.), and that those activities have now essentially ceased. But over the past several years, I have heard stories of how the  Lord continues to display Himself through these extraordinary effects, and I am beginning to think that, perhaps, it may be possible to avail yourself to be used by the Lord in these ways.

Heavenly Father, I want to walk in fellowship with you.  Please help me understand you, as much as that is possible and you allow it.  Holy Spirit, I confess that I don't think I understand you; please reveal yourself to me, anoint me with your presence, power, and authority, and accomplish your good works through me for your glory.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment