Friday, February 27, 2015

Wisdom and joy

Proverbs 27:11 NIV
Be wise, my son, and bring joy to my heart; then I can answer anyone who treats me with contempt.

There are a lot of things that I could focus on teaching my sons, but I think these two are pretty important.  Reading, writing, mathematics, baseball... all of these are good, and for sure I also want to teach my sons those skills, but I want to be intentional about leading my sons to be wise and joyful. 

I assume that these are not taught didactically, but modeled and explained in teachable moments.  I think the key is being consistent and intentional.

Heavenly Father, please help me be wise and joyful so that I can model those for my sons.  May their wisdom and joy honor you and demonstrate the Lordship of Christ.  I love you and pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment