Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Forty days of faith

We were challenged to pray for 40 days for something that only God can do.

I want to pray:
(1) for Rhett to sleep through the night,
(2) for our home group to multiply into three healthy groups,
(3) for the Lord to bless our church with owning our building,
(4) for the Lord to bless our congregation with deeper community, and
(5) for the Holy Spirit to ignite our church.

It is tough to get past the first one.  How do you get the faith in the first place to believe that God will do something?

Heavenly Father, I know that you can do these things, but I'm not sure how to believe that you will do them.  I am tired, and it would be really encouraging to see you do something.  Please help my unbelief.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment