Sunday, February 22, 2015

motivations for being busy

I've been thinking about why I keep making myself so busy.  I seek approval in other people.  I want to be the go-to person.  I want people to need me.  I want to be liked.   I don't want to tell people "no".  I want them to know that they can rely on me.

I am limited.  I have a finite capacity.  I can only obligate myself to a limited amount of time before things start to slide.  

I think part of it, also, is that I don't want to miss out on something awesome.  What if I say "no" to something, and it turns out to be really awesome.  And I missed it.  Then I will regret not saying "yes".  

I have to really seek the Lord and listen to Him.  Maybe Piper is right: God is most glorified when I am most satisfied in Him.  If I really delight in the Lord, then I wouldn't worry about missing out on something awesome.

Heavenly Father, I love you, and I want to walk with you.  I want to know you, and I want to delight in you.  I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment