Saturday, February 28, 2015

The sound of music

We went skiing in Ruidoso today.  Last time, Beau was so fearful that he cried and basically refused to ski.  Brandi and I have been talking to him about trying and having a good time, and he seemed excited about it until we got out on the slopes for an hour.  After he took a snack break, he decided that he didn't want to ski any more.  I told him that I wasnt going to let him quit and that we were going to keep trying.  Brandi worked with him for a bit while I skied with Jude (who had a great attitude and did great). 

After lunch, with a small incentive, Beau agreed to ski with me for a little bit. He actually had a much better attitude, and he did pretty well.  While we were riding the lift, Beau said, "Let's sing a song."  He picked "Rejoice in the Lord Always".  I couldn't help but smile.  On a subsequent ride, we sang "I love you, Lord".  These were really special moments for me.  I want to model for my boys a person who regularly sings to the Lord throughout the day.  And I want my boys to remember singing with me.

Heavenly Father,  thank you for the opportunity to play in the snow today.  Thank you for helping Beau change his attitude, and thank you for the special moments with my wife and boys today.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment