Monday, July 20, 2015

Courageous faith

Yesterday, we were playing in the river, a little bit further down from the cabin.  There is a large boulder with a ledge about eight feet above the water, conveniently adjacent to a deeper pool in the river.  After seeing Jason jump into the water, we asked Beau and Jude if they wanted to try.  I was surprised that both of them were willing.  Jude climbed up, and after only a moment of hesitation, he jumped!  And Beau soon followed!  I was so proud of them!

Later, I told each of them (individually) how proud I was of them for jumping off of the rock.  I want them to to be courageous men, and it fills my heart with joy to see them be courageous.

I was thinking about how our Heavenly Father must enjoy it when we courageously obey the Holy Spirit when He leads us to try things in faith that are new or outside of our convention.  I want to be a courageous son.

Heavenly Father, thank you for giving us the Holy Spirit to guide us in truth and obedience.  Heavenly Father, help me see that you love me, independently of my obedience or disobedience, but help me want to bless you by trusting you and obeying you.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment