Tuesday, July 14, 2015

living water

Yesterday evening, we walked a few miles to a park that the boys really like.  It rained a few days ago, and there is a low spot that retained some water adjacent to the park.  The water was stagnant and murky, and it stunk like anaerobically digested organic waste.  I commented to Brandi that there was a good spiritual analogy in seeing that stagnant water stinks.  She confirmed and added that stagnant water also grows things that suck your blood (mosquitoes).

John 7:37 On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, "Anyone who is thirsty may come to me! 38 Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, 'Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.'" 39 (When he said "living water," he was speaking of the Spirit, who would be given to everyone believing in him. But the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet entered into his glory.)

Heavenly Father, I don't want to be stagnant; I want to have your Holy Spirit flowing through me continuously.  Lord Jesus, I believe in you, and I want to come and drink from the fountain.  Holy Spirit, please anoint me and use me to continue the work that Christ began.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment