Monday, July 20, 2015

Working with my Father

We took a long weekend vacation to the Hill Country to relax and splash in the Frio river.  Its been 14 years since we were here last.

On Friday, we were playing in the river, and I started working on building a little dam to divert more flow into a little set of rapids and improve the rapids for a tube ride. Beau jumped in to help me, and we had a great time hauling rocks.  I moved one big rock that probably weighed a couple hundred pounds, and Beau was very impressed.

We were having such a great time that we didnt notice that the rocks had a surface like very fine sandpaper, and unfortunately most of Beau's fingertips were bleeding before we noticed.

I was so impressed with his love for me and his enjoyment of our collaborative work.  It was challenging to me as I considered the spiritual analogy of how Jesus loves His Father and enjoyed working with Him.  Jesus said that He did what He saw His Father doing.  Jesus loves His Father so much that He was even willing to allow His hands to be bloodied to accomplish His Father's work.

I want to join my Father in His work, enjoying fellowship and colaboring with Him.

Heavenly Father, help me see your work.  Jesus, thank you for your example of working with the Father.  Holy Spirit, please show me how to join in the Father's work.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment